Sunday, October 8, 2017

the Way the Truth the Life



Feeling like your needs are going unnoticed before the Lord? Weighed down with hopelessness?
This weekend I have felt my heart pulled to intercession for the Church. I have felt the crushing weight of hopelessness, an overwhelming feeling of being sick and tired of the struggles and trials of our world. So much so that while running errands by myself yesterdsy I burst into tears in the Reasors parking lot! "What is this Lord?" I cried out to Him. The sorrow of our nation filled me along with the sadness of my own struggles. I made it to my car and sat quietly, head phones in, tears streaming, when His whisper across my heart came, "Do not let your heart be troubled. I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life." And peace came.
I've often pondered these verses from John 14. I've wondered many times why He said it like that, those three things: the way, the truth, the life. Do they all mean the same? Was He just trying to really drive the point home or are they each significant?
And in a moment of clarity I heard Him say over me and over us, "I am always the Way, I am the mode of transportation, the path, the direction, the destination, and when you feel lost I am always the Truth, it is a gift I freely give. It makes you free and will always keep you steadfast. And when you feel hopeless and weary from the journey remember that I Am Life. I am endless. I am a deep deep well of resources. I will always satisfy. I am light and redeeming love. So do not let your heart be troubled. Remember who I am. Choose Me."
And so my prayer for myself and the Church is that we would remember that things will not always be the way they are and that we would be able to fix our eyes on the Way, deeply know the Truth, and experience the refreshing Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment