Monday, August 22, 2011

Homeschooling Adventure

This is Day 1 of our homeschooling adventure. My mantra today? "It's just kindergarten, it's just kindergarten." I woke up this morning feeling pretty good about this homeschooling idea...then it came time to actually do some "schooling." I feel so unprepared! What was I thinking? "It's just kindergarten." I love that my daughter is home right now. This very moment she's being so silly, making faces, cracking both her brothers up. She's so sweet, and kind, and loving, and fun! I love this kid!



I'm not planning on turning this blog into a homeschooling blog. There are plenty of those out there but since it is our first day I thought I'd journal it. I never thought I'd homeschool. NEVER. EVER. Didn't have anything against it, just wasn't for me. ME? Homeschool? Absolutely not! *sigh* Well here I am...homeschooling my daughter through kindergarten. I honestly don't see myself homeschooling past the 3rd grade but at this point I'm not making any plans. Just going to take this homeschooling thing a year at a time. HAH! A day at a time.

I realized that I'm totally fitting into the stereotype though. So funny! My 2 year old is running around in nothing but his tighty whiteys because we're potty training and my daughter is wearing a hand made dress! I bet there aren't too many pink haired homeschool moms though!

If you are reading this and are a homeschooling mom would you post a comment with a pearl of wisdom? I'd love to hear from you and I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment